U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
St Clair Shores, MI
A 26-year-old female asked:

Growth hormone 0.1ng/ml, acth 6pg/ml, adh (vasopressin) <0.5. something wrong with my pitaury gland? trying to find a reason for recently weird periods

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 24 years experience
Endocrinologist: These are not the typical hormones a doctor would test for irregular menstrual cycles. TSH, Proactin, LH and FSH are more typical. It sounds like you are seeing an endocrinologist already based on these tests. I would schedule follow up to over the results.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 28, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.