United Kingdom

is it best to cover a 2nd degree burn, the blister popped straight after i burn it and don't want to get it dirty. are you meant to cover burns?

Dr. Maasi Smith
Podiatry 23 years experience
Silver nitrate: this is good for burns, need RX, if not allow to dry with a bit of triple antibiotic, do not de-roof
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
Vaseline: Do not use silver nitrate, silver sulfadiazine, Silvadene, triple antibiotic, neosporin, bacitracin, peroxide. Water is good for it. Lubricate with vaseline or Aquaphor. If it is large, see a DR. Bioclusive and similar membranes are excellent. Avoid any dry dressing which can get glued to the wound.
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Plastic Surgery 46 years experience
I must disagree with not the use of silvadene creams.
Apr 13, 2015