U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

Can men get genital rashes and sores due to step?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Family Medicine 34 years experience
Strep Rash: yes, if they had a generalized Strep infection but that would be rare. It is much more likely to get lesions there from STDs. However, that being said go to the doctor. If the doctor diagnosed the rash and lesions as a certain infection then one has to believe it especially since we aren't there and don't have the clinical information or tests.
Last updated Apr 9, 2015
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.