Could you tell me what gender and age group are more likely to get lung cancer?

Dr. Charles Sturgis
Pathology 29 years experience
Older smokers...: Historically, men were more likely to develop lung cancer, but as more women began to smoke tobacco, the incicence of lung cancer in women has increased. Now lung cancer is the #1 cancer killer of both men and women in the United States. In my practice, the vast majority of patients with lung cancer are in their 50s and older. In rare instances, i see patients in their 40s and 30s.
Dr. David Cooke
Thoracic Surgery 22 years experience
Anyone: However for non small cell statistically more common in men 50 and older.