can i take an otc antihistamine along with bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) and prednisone? it is not for allergic reaction from bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim), just for pollen allergy

2 doctor answers
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Yes: They all can be used at the same time
Answered on Apr 3, 2015
Dr. Corey Clay
9 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Yes: However, you may find that the prednisone (assuming you're using it for something else) helps more for the pollen allergy than antihistamine. If you are receiving treatment for chronic or worsening sinus pressure/infection, then I strongly recommend seeing an Allergist to get help in the future. Recurrent sinus infections will persist unless the allergy is addressed properly. Good luck!
Answered on Aug 24, 2016