Canada

The floor of my mouth right under my tongue on the side is very swollen no difference in color , and painfull when i press under my neck on the side its painful, i had submndplr gland removed 20 yrs a

Dr. Laurentiu Boeru
41 years experience
Partial excision?: Each submandibulary gland has two lobes. The profound medial one is smaller. I hope they removed both lobes. If not you may have the same problems if one presumes that the canal to the lateral side of the frenulum of the tongue (Wharton) is still intact. You need an oral surgeon to tell you for sure. There are some other diseases that mimic the same symptoms so you need to check it out.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 11 years experience
Depending: ..on the timing of growth and swelling, certainly sounds like it could be infected. Recommend calling your doctor for an urgent visit as infections in this area can spread quickly and dangerously.
Last updated Feb 19, 2016