CT

i've been taking 6 placebo pills instead of 7. due to the heaviness of my period is this a bad thing? will it mess with my system?

Dr. Charles Whiting
No, its ok: You can take 6 placebo pills instead of 7. It won't hurt you or mess with your system and you are protected from pregnancy. It will make your period a day earlier each month. Most pills have 21 active pills and 7 placebo pills. You might consider switching to one of the newer 24/4 pills. Your cycle will still be 28 days but there are only 4 placebo pills. Its a great option if heavy.

Last updated Mar 22, 2015