OH

A month ago i took plan b after unprotected sex. the day after i got my period and had my cycle. my period is 7 days late. took a test and it came back negative. am i ok then? not pregnant?

Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau
Check...: Plan B itself can affect your new cycle. Remember,it is a hormonal replacement, like high dose birth control pill, so that could happen.If you took it within a 72 hour window after having sex the protection is higher, so less chances of getting pregnant. I would wait for your next period and see how it behaves. However, if you develop any other symptom pay a visit to your doctor for evaluation.

Last updated Mar 12, 2015