A member asked:

On my right knee at the bottom of knee cap running along the outside of my knee are a series of bruises, ranging in size from pea to dime what happend?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Assuming you didn't have an injury that would have caused this unusual pattern of bruising, you may have a condition known as Henoch Schonlein Purpura (HSP), an inflammation of the blood vessels. We don't know what triggers HSP and don't have a specific treatment for it. It usually goes away on its own without ill effects, but, to be safe, you should see a doctor. Best wishes.

Answered Feb 2, 2021



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor