IL
A male asked:

I'm having a lot of difficulty with bowel movements and was wondering how long it takes for this miralax (polyethylene glycol) to kick in and allow me to get a stool out?

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwataanswered
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
It can be up to 12-24 hours : Male sure you are seeing your doctor on this. Miralax (polyethylene glycol) can work faster than the above, but you need to hydrate more as constipation can be caused from dehydration. You may need a stool softener too. Most importantly if you have pain or not pooped in 2 days, you need to call your doctor now for stronger recommendations. Don't delay!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 3, 2015