Glencoe, IL

I have chiari malformation and we found this on an mri. another mri for the spine and no fluid was blocked. my symptom get worse. do i need surgery?

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental and Behavioral 51 years experience
Neurosurgery always : sounds scary. In truth, current minimally invasive techniques have remarkably low risk in the hands of pediatric and adult neurosurgeons. And that's who you need to ask, because the decision is not based on the size, or length, of the Chiari malformation, it's based on symptoms that interfere with a person's daily functioning. Review your MRI's with the neurosurgeon at your first consult.

Last updated Apr 19, 2017