IL

how to fight depression?

Dr. Mara Fiorentino
Consultation : Drinking alcohol might be the most likely and preventable cause of severe depression in the young adult. Otherwise you may have predisposition to depression by inheritance or life events affecting you. A thorough evaluation might indicate the need for therapy or medical treatment. Do not wait to make that happen. Depression is a serious disease. You deserve treatment.
Dr. James Shoemaker
General Practice 40 years experience
Task Completion: If you are able, undertake a task that you know for sure you can finish. When we complete a project, even something small like washing the dishes or organizing a closet, our brains release the same chemicals produced by the prescription antidepressants. So often, reactive depression is associated with events that take away our initiative and make us procrastinate, and this is what we must fight!
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology 14 years experience
DEPRESSION: Get an evaluation from a psychiatrist to help identify what depression means to you and whatever else may be bothering you. Consider recommendations for medication if any are given. Get a referral for a reputable psychotherapist to speak with. Meds and therapy combined are most optimal; no just one or the other.