i've been taking fish oil for about 6 mos 3 to 4g daily and tappered off now n then. recently i''ve seen oil in my urine n it smells like fiish oil?

Dr. Evans Prieston
43 years experience Pharmacology
Fish Oil: It certainly could be trace amounts of omega -3 in the urine. It doesn't take much to smell "fishy". The benefits of taking fish oil are less clear than they used to be. I would recommend that you check with your doctor to see if fish oil is right for you. If it is right, I would purchase the highest grade, highly purified brand that is either of Icelandic or Norwegian origin.
Answered on Jan 4, 2018
1