TN

i have tarsal coalition and in extreme pain my doc gave me tizanidine for muscle spasms in my back will it help to relieve some pain in my foot too?

Dr. Christopher Smith
Tarsal coalition: Tarsal coalition is a congenital condition that affects the bones of the foot . A Tarsal coalition occurs when the bones of the feet fail to separate during fetal development It causes a stiff flat foot that is painful. Tizanidine (Zanaflex) as you said is a muscle relaxant and has no pain relieving properties . You need to discuss this with your Orthopedic doctor --there is surgical correction .

Last updated Feb 18, 2015