U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Everett, WA
A 46-year-old female asked about a 41-year-old female:

A friend of mine is a long term methamphetamine user. how does she rehab at home? (she's more willing to do this then inpatient treatment.)

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Priscilla Morris
Specializes in Pain Management
Outpatient rehab: I would strongly advise your friend to enter a rehab program. She could look for outpatient rehab programs in her area, as well as attend Narcotics Anonymous. An inpatient program may result in greater success with a lower chance of relapse. This needs to be taken very seriously.
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
Any step: Narcotics anonymous or some other peer support group. Be there for your friend. She'll also need a counselor who's a recovered user and can see through what the drug has done to her. I am so glad she wants to rehab, and that she has you as a friend.
Last updated Aug 20, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.