TX

my husband is a recovering drug addict (meth) - clean 2 years. since he quit, he is never in the mood for sex. is there treatment for this?

Dr. Robert Fietsam
Thoracic Surgery 35 years experience
Yes: frequently, hypogonadism (low testosterone), is associated with meth and narcotic use, (long term). I recommend labs tests for testosterone, and if low, treat it!!
Dr. Raymond Coffin
Clinical Psychology 26 years experience
In addition to Dr. Fietsam's recommendation to check testosterone levels, be alert to other signs of possible clinical depression. Low libido may be accompanied by lack general lack of interest in usual activities, depressed mood, changes in sleep/eating patterns, etc. Stimulants like meth often mask depression, and their use also can trigger it. Antidepressants and therapy can help, if needed.
Apr 15, 2015
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Methamphetamine: I understand your concern. Commend your husband for not using Methamphetamine for 2 years. Have heart to heart talk with him about your relationship and honestly understand lack of: Emotional Intimacy Physical Intimacy And Sexual Intimacy See a Therapist for continued maintenance of sobriety from all drugs and Alcohol; to understand each other's feelings, needs, expectations and sexuality