My husband is a recovering drug addict (meth) - clean 2 years. since he quit, he is never in the mood for sex. is there treatment for this?

10 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Robert Fietsam answered

Specializes in Surgery - Thoracic

Yes: frequently, hypogonadism (low testosterone), is associated with meth and narcotic use, (long term). I recommend labs tests for testosterone, and if low, treat it!!

Answered 5/15/2015

3k views

Dr. Krishna Kumar answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Methamphetamine: I understand your concern. Commend your husband for not using Methamphetamine for 2 years. Have heart to heart talk with him about your relationship and honestly understand lack of: Emotional Intimacy Physical Intimacy And Sexual Intimacy See a Therapist for continued maintenance of sobriety from all drugs and Alcohol; to understand each other's feelings, needs, expectations and sexuality

Answered 2/4/2016

3k views