I tried conceiving 1 day before my period, then it came. can i take a pregnancy test? also is it possible to become pregnant 1 day before your period?

3 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. James Davie answered

Specializes in Pathology

No: Fertility peaks about 2 days before ovulation which varies depending on your cycle. If you had a true period, then conception didn't occur, and your uterus is re-setting itself for the next cycle.

Answered 2/8/2015

3.2k views

Dr. Charles Whiting answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

Unlikely: If you have had a period that is normal in length, flow and timing, its unlikely that you are pregnant. If you need more reassurance, you can do a home pregnancy test. These are available without a prescription at most pharmacies. Best wishes!

Answered 2/11/2015

3.2k views

Dr. Kashif Abdullah answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Likely not: If you trying to conceive it would be best to try during ovulation. Ovulation occurs during the midpoint of your menstrual cycle. Trying to conceive 1 day before you period will not lead to a pregnancy. If you period is 30 days, then your midpoint would be roughly day 15. You could try to conceive around day 14,15, 16.

Answered 2/11/2015

3.2k views