U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

I have nose piercing its been8-9 mths now and since more than 2mth i have bump over piercing i was given injection from skin dr but still the same.

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. William Culviner
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 31 years experience
Keloid: This could be a keloid or hypertrophic scar from the piercing. Sometimes several steroid injections are necessary to make it smaller or to get it to go away. Also, sometimes other treatments are necessary which might include excising the abnormality including the piercing site and surgically and repairing the defect. Sometimes post-op steroid injections are used, as well.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 2, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.