NJ

i've had a sore throat for the past few days and a few raised pink bumps on the back of my throat and tonsil pain but no fever. what may this be?

Dr. Kathy Robinson
Viral infection: I sounds like you may have a viral syndrome. If you develop white patches on your throat, fevers, or swollen lymph nodes in the front of your neck then see a doctor for an evaluation for strep throat. If you do not have these other symptoms then it is probably viral and you can use throat lozenges and warm salt water gargles for relief. If it worsens or does not resolve see a doctor.

Last updated Feb 26, 2017