TX

I drank way too much last night and was throwing up so much that i ended up throwing up blood. did i have alcohol poisoning?

Dr. Roy Arnold
Probably not: Just gastritis and over indulgence. I hope that the bleeding has stopped. You may want to take an OTC acid blocker like Zantac (ranitidine) for a few days to help your stomach recover. Thanks for trusting HealthTap!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Gerald Morris
Vomiting blood: Less likely poisoning but the blood you vomited was likely due to stress on your GI tract from the act of vomiting. If this is continuing - See your PCP or go to the ER. Please avoid drinking in excess - not good for your liver. Drinking to excess can lead to alcohol poisoning.
Last updated Aug 4, 2016