Milton, VT

my grandmother an one of my aunts died from breast cancer and another aunt and uncle had it but beat it. i was wonder how at risk i am of getting it.

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
High risk: The baseline risk fro any woman to develop breast caner is 1 in 8. If one first degree relative has breast caner (mother, daughter, or sister) the risk becomes 1 in 3. With 2 second degree relatives ((aunts, grandmothers, etc) the risk is also 1 in 3. In the case you describe the risk should be about 1 in 3 for you to develop breast cancer. Detection is key to a good outcome - exams, mamms, ect.