I had acl reconstruction 2 years ago and all week have increasing pain and my knee gives out. i haven't done sports lately what is wrong?

9 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Andrew DeGruccio answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Time for a follow-up: Schedule a follow-up with your surgeon. It could be something as simple as persistent leg weakness, and a return to therapy could solve it. On the other hand, the integrity of the ACL graft should be checked by your surgeon. Many times other structures are injured at the same time as the ACL originally, such as meniscal tears or chondral defects, and so these may need to be re-evaluated.

Answered 1/12/2015

6.1k views

Dr. Gregory Harvey answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Weak knee: Your leg may just be weak from not exercising but if the symptoms continue you need to see your doctor and get examined to make sure your graft has not failed.

Answered 7/5/2012

6k views

Dr. Bernard Bach Jr answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Get it checked.: Several possibilities when your knee is giving out. Have an orthopedic knee sports medicine specialist check you out. There may be something wrong with the ACL graft, or the "giving out" could be from another source.

Answered 6/20/2014

4k views