I am using neutrogena's acne free face wash with 2% salicylic acid.My face is okay with that but skin around my mouth becomes too dry. Why is that so?

Dr. Neigatha Graney
36 years experience in Pediatrics
Add A Moisturizer: Irritation, dryness, redness are frequent side-effects of many topical acne meds. It is important to use an oil & alcohol-free skin moisturizer twice daily after washing your face. Finding the right balance of medication can be challenging even with mild acne. Can also try using Sal. acid every other day. If irritation continues or acne not responding, see your doctor for tolerable treatment plan.
Answered on Nov 27, 2017
2

Have health concerns or questions and need access to a doctor? HealthTap has you covered.