A 30-year-old male asked about a 37-year-old male:

I heart wallnut oil reduces cholestral levels as it has omega 3 contents useful in.lowering. should we have a tea spoon of oil daily in meal?

Dr. Robert Binford
Thoracic Surgery 40 years experience
Probably not: A recent study published in the new england journal of medicine showed that people on a "mediterranean diet" lowered their risk by 30% of major cardiovascular event. This diet was a mediterranean diet supplemented with olive oil and mixed nuts. I would avoid just adding the oil why not eat the nuts. In this diet the nuts were used as snack and not part of the meal.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. George Mathew
Cardiology 60 years experience
Omega-3 fatty acid.: Omega-3 fatty acids are good for lowering triglycerides and not for cholesterol. U may want to use fish oil or flaxseed oil to lower triglycerides which is better and cheaper. If u want to lower cholesterol u may want to use canola oil or olive oil, reduce saturated fats and use statins.Please check with u r md.
Last updated Feb 24, 2018