U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old member asked:

I notice small brown spots on very bottom of my feet what causes this and how do start attacting whatever is causing that to occur?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
May need a doctor: If a person gets small brown spots on the bottom of his feet, sometimes they are warts. Other times they are a fungus. If fungus, twice a day over-the-counter lotrimin (clotrimazole) af for 2-3 weeks may solve the problem. If warts, a primary care doctor or dermatologist will likely have to freeze them off. A visit to the doctor can help get a diagnosis, and see if the spots aren't something else.
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Get seen: These lesions would likely need to be examined and more history obtained to be able to provide you with useful input about the diagnosis or possible treatment.

Related questions

A 23-year-old male asked:
3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 37-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Oct 29, 2018

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.