i am constantly cold and very numb on the right side of m y body. i had a massive stroke in 2005. what is going on?

Dr. Jennifer Chu
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 50 years experience
See neurologist : If the symptoms are new or if you are getting worse, you must be seen and evaluated by neurologists asap to rule out if you have any new onset problems in the brain. You will need a neurological work-up and imaging studies of the brain.
Dr. Lotfi Hacein-Bey
Radiology 40 years experience
Consult with MD: You most likely have a condition called reflex sympathetic dystrophy as a result of your prior stroke. This condition causes burning pain, flushing, warmth or coolness, and swelling. It is also called complex regional pain syndrome, " "the shoulder-hand syndrome, " "causalgia, " and "sudeck's atrophy. An experienced neurologist may be able to help decrease the severity of the symptoms.