i seem to kick in my sleep, what could cause this?

Dr. John Van der Werff
Dentistry 39 years experience
Restless leg syndrom: There is a condition called restless leg syndrome. I would suggest seeing a sleep specialist to have an evaluation.

Is co-sleeping a good idea?

Dr. Marcus Degraw
No: The medical community is pretty united that, under the age of 1 year, this is dangerous and should be avoided. The data is pretty clear that this creates sleep conditions that often turn deadly for children. I personally sit on a pediatric death review board we have 5-10 deaths each month from co-bedding incidents. Some groups strongly advocate it however and claim it should be a choice.

Is co-sleeping safe?

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
No: It is actually a major risk factor for sudden infant death syndrome, not to mention rollover suffocation.

Is it important to stick to a sleep schedule?

Dr. Michael Pappas
Yes: Absolutely. We all know the answer to that one anyway. We need a rhythm in our life. We need a schedule to tell our bodies when to wake, eat, poop and sleep. When we have schedule, we always know what's coming and what to get ready for. Start your babies early with their sleep routines, and they will make a lot easier for you to put them to bed at night.

When is a good time to start doing sleep training?

Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Sleep: It is important to start a routine as as early as possible, by six to eight weeks of age. Your baby can see color and detail, also hold his/her head up, and will recognize your voice and be sooth by it. Once you notice these changes, it’s time to introduce healthy sleep routine.

How can I get a more comfortable nights sleep?

Dr. Sherin Ibrahim Howett
Sleep Medicine 18 years experience
Control surroundings: Make sure your environment is comfortable. You want to start with a comfortable mattress and pillow. The temperature set in the room also needs to be comfortable. Keeping extra light out is also helpful. Drowning out other environmental noises with a fan or a white noise machine can also be beneficial.