Cheektowaga, NY

what does fluid in your leg feel like?

Dr. Brian Santin
Vascular Surgery 15 years experience
Edema: Fluid that builds up around the ankles (termed edema) can sometimes be worse in the evening and better in the morning. Sometimes when a finger is pushed into the swollen area, it will leave an imprint of the finger for a few seconds while the fluid reaccumulates in that area. This tends to happen when the fluid build-up is more severe. I hope this helps.
Dr. Larry Grissom
Radiology 43 years experience
Heaviness: Also fluid abnormally present in the soft tissues ( edema) is revealed by briefly pressing a thumb firmly on the leg at the shin. If the tissue does not quickly return to normal, and an indentation remains you may have edema. See a doctor to check for heart or kidney problem.