U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 62-year-old male asked:

My inr level keeps varying from as high as 8+ to 1.4 as present. is there anything i can do to stabilise it?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Benjamin Lerner
Vascular Surgery 20 years experience
Several things: A consistent diet avoiding vitamin k rich foods, timing the medication correctly, and avoiding antibiotics (if you can) is a start. There are also some new medications that anticoagulate without having to follow inrs -- talk to your doctor.
Last updated Aug 13, 2015

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.