United Kingdom (Great Britain)

eye was streaming yesterday while i was out in the cold (0 c). now i have a burning, puffy & red spot under my eye. how best to treat or let heal?

Dr. Robert Block
Ophthalmology 31 years experience
Dryness: I will assume when you say streaming that it was tearing. This is likely due to increased drying in the cold and or wind. This can sometimes result in redness in the area of drying. This will usually be self limited. If there is pain you should see an eye care professional.
Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
Compresses!: Sounds like a sty. You can use warm compresses - a washcloth with warm water and hold it to the closed eye for 5-10 minutes 3 times a day. You can massage it with your fingers after the compress, but do not aggravate it. You are trying to get it to drain on its own. You may need it incised and drained if this does not work. See and ophthalmologist.