OR

my wife had graves disease but is now hypothyroid. synthroid (thyroxine) has helped her, but she feels itchy and a bit hyper. she only started two weeks ago. should she take less?

Dr. Rashid Khan
Less Synthroid (thyroxine).: You should consult your physician regarding the dose of your medication synthroid (thyroxine). You are probably taking higher dose of medication than needed .The dose of synthroid (thyroxine) need to be decreased and you should get your TSH level checked. Make an appointment today.
Dr. HUGH Melnick
Fertility Medicine 49 years experience
NOT NECESSARILY: There are different two issues. Her itching is due to antithyroid antibodies and is best treated by increasing the dose of synthroid (thyroxine). That said, she should consider switching to armour thyroid, taken in divided doses, which should make her feel less hyper. Pls follow her pulse rate and basal body temperatures and see if she has hand tremors. These are most helpful in determining proper dosage.
Dr. David Djang
Nuclear Medicine 23 years experience
Probably: Sounds like she may need to be on less synthroid, (thyroxine) but she should make an appointment with her physician first who can check blood levels and talk to her about her symptoms.