U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old member asked:

What should i do to have my fertility health checked?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Seth Derman
Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility 34 years experience
See a doctor: If you have been having unprotected intercourse for a year and can't get pregnant, you should see a fertility doctor or your gyn. If you are just worried about it, you should try first before seeking out medical help. The tests we use are only useful on couples who have infertility.
Dr. Mazin Abdullah
Fertility Medicine 16 years experience
Agree and you can:: Some basic tests to get you started: 1. Fsh/e2 on day 3 of your menstrual cycle. (blood test). 2. Hsg to evaluate your tubes (special x-ray test). 3. Semen analysis (evaluates male). Ultrasound (to evaluate uterus, ovaries). These tests and a good history will most likely tell your doctor what is wrong.

Related questions

A 31-year-old member asked:
Have you found health insurance administrators to be really insensitive about fertility issues?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 48-year-old member asked:
What is fertility medicine? Rei? Reproductive health?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
Can you tell me if masturbation has side effects on health or fertility of male?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 34-year-old male asked:
What amount of alcohol is ok to consume to maintain fertility and health sperma as a male?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Oct 23, 2017
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.