i have a pimple like thing on my areola. what is this?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
Watch if it changes: It depnds on the color, size and consistency and if it is painful or painless. If it is larger than a pea size, is painless and feels hard, i would advise you to get your doctor to examine you and advise you further. If it is softer, watch if it grows in size over the next 3-4 weeks. If it does not change, you can watch it for another month or two. But anything that is getting bigger needs an exam.
It might be a : Montgomery gland. They are bumps that contain white material. If it becomes swollen, red, painful, hot - please have it evaluated to ensure that you don't have an infection.