Concord, NC

I was on depakote for 6 years, now i am pregnant. could that have an effect on the pregnancy tests i have taken?

Dr. Michael Klein
Depakote unlikely...: Depakote would be unlikely to affect your results. What I am not clear on is why you did 5 pregnancy tests? Once you have a single positive test, and the symptoms of pregnancy i would assume you are pregnant. Especially if this is confirmed with ultrasound. Some tests are more sensitive to HCG than others and very close to the expected period some may be negative and the others positive.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 30, 2016