Why does my breath still smell bad after a few hours, after i brush my teeth, floss and use an antiseptic mouth wash? tell me solutions.

12 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Gary Sandler answered

Specializes in Dentistry

See your dentist: There are many reasons for bad breath, both dental and medical in origin. See the following website for more information. Then see your dentist for an evaluation as to the cause, and who can refer you to your physician if there is any contributing medical issues. http://smilesapartcosmeticdentist.com/fresh-breath-control.htm.

Answered 3/6/2019

5.2k views

Dr. Joseph Greenberg answered

Specializes in Prosthodontics

Cavity or tongue: Have you tried brushing your tongue? Some tongues have exaggerated ridges and furrows which harbor odor forming bacteria. Or you might have a cavity or leaking filling or other dental restoration. These can generate quite an odor! let your dentist check these out.

Answered 10/26/2016

5.2k views

See dentist : Start by seeing your dentist and having your teeth cleaned. You may have decay organ disease that is causing your breath problem. If seeing your dentist doe not help then look at the medical causes. These include, allergies, post nasal drip, acid reflux, diabetes, and others that your md can diagnose and treat.

Answered 11/22/2016

4.9k views

Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Find the cause: Once you find the cause you can treat the problem. Cavites? Periodontal problems? Acid reflux? Diet? I'ts great thet you have excellent oral hygiene... keep it up! Now consult with a dentist and physician for an examination.

Answered 7/17/2016

3.5k views

Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

See your dentist: In the majority of cases, the cause of bad breath, or halitosis, is the product of bacteria in the mouth. The proper diagnosis is the key to a successful treatment. See your dentist for Halimeter test, diagnosis and bad breath treatment that depends on its cause. Good luck.

Answered 9/9/2015

3.5k views