Rochester, MN

i'm 180 pounds i was 160. when i started my bc i gained 20 pounds in 2 months. if i stop my bc will i lose it? and why is it hard to lose this weight?

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Yes with excercise: If you stop the birth control pill you may lose some weight especially if coupled with exercise and calorie intake reduction. It is hard to lose weight and maintain weight loss because weight gain is of multifactorial origin including psychological, behavioral, genetic, cultural, social and medical factors. Weight loss with experinced physician is usually successfu.

Last updated Mar 26, 2013