India

i suffer from severe pain on the first day on period does it mean that i will never be able to conceive?

Dr. Michael Fox
Fertility Medicine 34 years experience
Absolutely Not: If you have severe pain with cycles, though, this could be a sign of endometriosis, especially if you had bad periods as a teenager which correlates 100% with endometriosis. Endometriosis should be treated by excisional surgery, which is not available in many sites nationwide. If endometriosis is part of your picture, the idea is to try for pregnancy sooner than later. Ok until age mid/late 30s.
Dr. Malcolm Mackenzie
Gynecology 27 years experience
You can conceive: The pain you are having suggests that you might have endometriosis - an ultrasound should be performed to make sure you don't have something like a fibroid growing on the uterus. With endometriosis, a woman may have a slightly lowered chance of conceiving but there are lots and lots of women who have endometriosis and have children. Worth getting checked out however.