A member asked:

I have endometriosis and suffer really bad menstrual cramps. i take apo-ketorolac, is there another form of medication i can take(non generic)?

3 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. David Barrere answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

There are options: Taking ketorolac only helps as it is an anti-inflammatory pain medication. Treating the endometriosis is a better option to help alleviate you symptoms. Birth control pills or the birth control shot can help; a medication call Lupron (leuprolide) can put you into a temporary menopause and this starves endometriosis; surgery is an option as well. Best thing is to talk to your doc and explore options.

Answered 6/27/2014


Dr. Malcolm Mackenzie answered

Specializes in Gynecology

All NSAIDS can help: The endometriosis you have will cause pain and all the treatments basically can help diminish the activity of the endometriosis and thus diminish the pain. Getting rid of the endometriosis requires a laparoscopic surgeon willing to take the time to excise (cut out) the endometriosis. This is really the only way to "get rid of endometriosis".

Answered 3/11/2013


Dr. James Marx answered

Specializes in Pain Management

Use Caution: Ketorolac (toradol) should not be used for over 5 days! it can cause sever GI problems. Consult with your doc regarding over nsaids that might be safer for you to use keeping in mind that all such drugs have effects on bleeding, tendency to cause blood clots, increase the risk of high blood pressure and cause GI ulcers. A cox ii specific med like Celebrex (celecoxib) (celicoxib) might be saferif ok wih doctor.

Answered 6/24/2014



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question