I have a large abdominal mass in the left lower part of my abdomen. it is very painful and has been there for 3 months or longer. what could it be?

6 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Ehsan Ansari answered

Specializes in Interventional cardiology

Need to see doctor: It is difficult to tell you what it is. You need to see your doctor to examine you and order necessary testings.

Answered 4/2/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Liawaty Ho answered

Specializes in Hematology and Oncology

Go to see ur doctor: You should see your doctor and get yourself checked. Imaging study- like ct scan , perlvic sonogram etc- definitely will need to be done. There are a lot of possibilities just based on your description of the location - however -to be more accurate-a clinical examination would be needed. It could be from tumor that originates from muscle, / soft tissue, colon, reproductive system etc.

Answered 1/27/2017

5.3k views

Dr. Wendell Goins answered

Specializes in Vascular Surgery

Several things: There are many things that could manifest like this:1) inflamatory(infection, sebaceous cyst, endometrioma if you have had uterine surgery before) 2) hernia 3) neoplasm -rare , lipoma) . Rec that you see a surgeon for evaluation esp since it is painful.

Answered 9/28/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Olaf Johansen answered

Specializes in Colon and Rectal Surgery

Needs evaluations: Could be a multitude of problems, but an ovarian mass or cyst is certainly a possibility.Evaluation by a physician, with an ultra sound or ct scan likely to follow.

Answered 9/28/2016

5.3k views