How do i stop a snoring husband?

Dr. Strahil Atanasov
Sleep Medicine 38 years experience
4 main reasons: There are 4 predisposing factors for snoring: 1) being human 2) being male 3) overweight 4) nasal congestion apparently, there is nothing to be done about 1 and 2, so you need to concentrate on 3 and 4. You also need to consider the possibility that you are not dealing with simple snoring but snoring as a symptom of sleep apnea. Overall, snoring is not a laughing matter. I would take it seriously.
Dr. David Duhon
Dr. David Duhon commented
Sleep Medicine 35 years experience
Get him to a doctor who knows how to diagnose and treat sleep apnea. Snoring is merely annoying, but obstructive sleep apnea kills people.
Feb 10, 2012
Dr. Robert Knox
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 37 years experience
Stop Snoring: The only way to relieve snoring is to relieve the blockage of the airways. The best single way to relieve snoring is to lose weight. Increasing weight worsens stuffy nose, enlarges the tongue, and increases the circumference of the neck. If your husband's snoring disrupts his sleep, he should have a sleep study to make sure he does not have sleep apnea. http://www.twinlakesent.com/snoring.html.
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 45 years experience
Sleep study: If you go and purchase an anti-snoring device otc or on the web, you may be jeopardizing your health. These products may seem to work, but the mouthpieces are non- adjustible and the other products may mask a more alarming form of sleep apnea. You should consider seeing your doctor for a sleep study and then get options- cpap, custom made oral appliance, surgery, lifestyle changes, etc.