India

I have been using minox & fin along with biotin (5mg) for my hair loss. can long term biotin use cause hepatitis?(i came across sources claiming that)

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Unlikely: Vitamin b7 is well-tolerated when taken as prescribed. There are no reported cases of adverse drug reactions or toxicity. Biotin is water-soluble and can be flushed out in the urine. Though a vitamin b7 overdose is rare and is quite unlikely to cause serious complications, side effects could be seen in people who have been overdosing on biotin for a long time, but do not include hepatitis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.