NY

are their any drops i can take to decrease the redness in my eyes caused by combigan and lumigan drops i take for my open angle glaucoma?

Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology 22 years experience
Red eyes: One of the common side effects of Lumigan is chronic red eye. You may use naphcon a (over the counter) on occasion for taking out the redness. Do not overuse this drop (no more than once per day) or you may develop rebound redness.
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Ophthalmology 32 years experience
Lumigan: Is the most likely culprit. Sometimes it can get better over time, instilling at bedtime helps. Assuming that you are already doing that, the only other thing would be to discuss alternatives with your doctor.

Last updated Jul 17, 2015