what should i do about lump in groin area?

Dr. Allen Kamrava
Colon and Rectal Surgery 15 years experience
See a doctor: Wihtout knowing anything else, this sounds like a hernia. See a doctor for further evaluation.
Dr. Matthew Lublin
General Surgery 25 years experience
See an MD: A lump in the groin can be caused by many different things. If the lump comes and goes and / or you can push it in, it is likely a hernia. Other causes can be a lymph node, a lipoma ( a benign fatty tumor) , or a simple cyst.
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care 36 years experience
Different options: The groin has a lot of things in it both in the skin and below it. Sweat glands, hair follicles and skin cysts as well as lymph nodes, fatty tissue, vessels, tendons and other things. Is the lump growing, inflamed, painful, painless, draining, recurrent or constant, moveable or fixed...? Each of these (and many more) will provide your doc the answers as to what it is and what needs to be done.