Is a compression bra always recommended during sports for those who had a breast augmentation with implants?

Dr. Vishnu Rumalla
Plastic Surgery 25 years experience
Usually: I am a big believer in bras in the recovery process of an augmentation. In my practice we give patient's their first bra.
Dr. Otto Placik
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Blair's by practice : This varies greatly by surgeon. While most will employ the use of some compression, the recommendation may depend on the degree of sagging and size of the implant and type of sports activity.
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Plastic Surgery 30 years experience
Not Always: It truly depends. Most sports do not "require" a sports bra, but if it feels better to have the support then go for it. Ultimately, your breasts will do what they will do, regardless if you wear a bra or not.
Dr. Joseph Mele
Plastic Surgery 32 years experience
Size matters.: Most my patients are more comfortable wearing a bra. The bra can suport the breast an absorb some of the momentum. This is more important for larger implants. The less stretch on the skin, the longer lasting your results.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Compression Bra: Each surgeon is different with what he/she recommends. Generally, if you want the breasts to be supported while performing a sport, it is best to wear a supportive sports bra. This is especially true for those that have larger breast implants. I hope this helps.
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Plastic Surgery 18 years experience
Gnerally: The uniform compression of a post-operative bra will help with pain and swelling following your procedure.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016