My daughter was diagnoised with kawasaki disease her hands and feet are now peeling and itching when will the itching and peeling stop?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 33 years experience
Kawasaki Disease: The first phase, which can last for up to 2 weeks, usually involves a persistent fever higher than 104°f (39°c) and lasts for at least 5 days.During the second phase, which usually begins within 2 weeks of when the fever started, the skin on the hands and feet may begin to peel in large pieces. The child also may experience joint pain, diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain. 3rd phase can last 8 wk.
Dr. Fuad Kiblawi
Pediatric Cardiology 29 years experience
1 week: Usually a few days up to a week. Peeling of fingers and toes is expected after kawasaki disease and is usually self limiting.