A male asked:

what exercise can be done with the child in full leg casts with botox for 4 weeks?

Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Specializes in Pediatrics
Depends upon age: It depends upon your child's age, and his general health. I am assuming that he is in the casts wtih Botox to manage cerebral palsy? Does he have normal function in his upper body? Talk with your local pt and they can help you devise some exercises that will fit within his ability. Best wishes.
Dr. Otto Placik
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Cerebral palsy?: I assume you are talking about Botox for treatment of hyper spasticity associated with cp. Only your physician and therapist know the muscles treated and so it would be best to ask them about which muscle groups are still active and should be used to minimize atrophy and institute proper treatment of agonist and synergistic muscle groups.

Last updated Jun 24, 2015