U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 26-year-old female asked:

I have scoliosis i've been seeing a chiropractor but now the top of my neck hurts and is giving me headaches what can i do to help ease the pain?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Family Medicine 39 years experience
Many things: Chiropractic care can help some conditions, but if you are hurting worse, it is time to consider other evaluation if an acute change, get seen soon.An osteopathic physician (do) who does manual medicine may help explore causes. For example sometimes scoliosis is caused by leg length differences and a heel lift can help.As a start tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen/alleve may help, but best to get clear diagnosis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. David Lundin
Neurosurgery 29 years experience
Physical therapy: Try physical therapy to strengthen your neck muscles. Alsoassagw therapy or accupuncture is occasionally helpful. If this fails to help you see a spinal surgeon.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 10, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.