Philippines

how to know what kind of lump is in my breast?

Dr. Chad Levitt
Radiation Oncology 22 years experience
Mmg, u/s, breastexam: To best evaluate a newly noticed breast lump you should she your primary care doctor or gynecologist. A physical exam by your doctor as well as an ultrasound can tell a lot about the mass and a mammogram may b needed as well. It is possible that additional views are needed if something is suspicious appearing and even a biopsy and MRI may b indicated. If u have a new lump you should go see md.
Dr. Steve Martinez
Breast Surgery 28 years experience
Next step: The next step once a lump in the breast is felt is proving that it is not cancer. This will require an examination by your doctor and possibly additional testing such as a mammogram or ultrasound. Ultimately, a biopsy my be necessary, and referral to a breast surgery specialist. Take the first step, though. See your doctor.