is it important to establish a nap schedule?

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Yes: Yes, but most children will establish it without too much help, as long as they are not bothered at random intervals. A schedule that works for one child may not work for another, even of the same age.
Dr. Ravi Chand
Dr. Ravi Chand commented
American Academy of Sleep Medicine no longer recommends scheduled nap time for toddlers or children they should get enough hours of sleep much more than adults
Aug 17, 2013
Dr. Martin Ganek
The need for naps is very variable, although most children under the age of two years demonstrate a need for a nap. If a child easily falls asleep when given the opportunity then the nap is necessary and beneficial.
Sep 14, 2013
Dr. Faryal Ghaffar
Agree that the need for nap is variable
Sep 14, 2013
Dr. William Moore
Yes: If you value your sanity, yes. Infants, toddlers, and parents of infants and toddlers typically do better with routines, schedules, and predictability. As the parent, you have some control over the schedule, and certainly know better than your child what they need. Use your authority to shape your child's routine to achieve their required hours while preserving your health and mind.
Dr. Parham Gharagozlou
Sleep Medicine 9 years experience
Night: But it is important to try to have a set time for bed time in evening and be firm with that as much as life allows. Try to wake them up same time every morning.