I had a hysterectomy two years ago. i still have my ovaries but i am still having pains. what could this be?

Dr. Amit Patel
Urogynecology 24 years experience
Unclear: If you had a hysterectomy because of pain, and the pain continued afterwards, it is possible that your pain was not due to your uterus. And, you should be evaluated for other causes of pain. If you are having persistent pain that began after your hysterectomy, you should have an evaluation by your gynecologist and a pelvic ultrasound to evaluate your ovaries.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 24, 2013